Tuesday 25 March 2008

Ben Bulben















There is no reason for posting this except that I was thinking about it after finding the photograph on my computer. This was as close as I got and as much as I saw of it, on the Yeats trail to Drumcliffe Church ...

Should philosophy really only be practised as a form of poetry? But what is poetry in that case? Not the merely decorative word, anyway. Maybe that is the connection with Ben Bulben, and my sense of deracination in the cultural fragmentation between intellect and feeling, poetry and philosophy: how to get them back together again ...

It is snowing up here, a bit of a blizzard at the moment. The big skies remind me of Norfolk. You can see the storm clouds building up in the distance and approaching at leisure. Couldn't see the loch a few minutes ago ....


Here it is late afternoon:


No comments: